The Donald J. Trump re-election campaign is demanding an apology from CNN host and media correspondent Brian Stelter following a trainwreck, shout-fest interview with senior legal advisor Jenna Ellis that took place over about twelve minutes on CNN’s Reliable Sources Sunday morning. The pair was arguing over CNN’s poll — she called it “junk,” while Stelter maintained it was “a normal polling procedure.”
Ellis asked if Stelter was going to continue interrupting, and he replied, “It’s important to interrupt when you share fake information. You’re wasting my time.”
It didn’t get better from there.
Stelter said towards the end of the trainwreck a remark many have labeled as “sexist:” – “Someday, you‘re going to regret this when your kids and grandkids look back at this time.”
“This kind of on-air meltdown and lashing out is completely unprofessional, yet it’s what we’ve come to expect from the leftists who hate President Trump. It would be great if so-called journalists would refrain from personal attacks and putting words in the mouths of the children and grandchildren of strong, smart, and independent women,” Ali Pardo, the campaign’s deputy communications director, said in a statement to the NY Post after Ellis’ appearance with Stelter.
“We condemn Brian Stelter’s behavior and call on CNN and Stelter to apologize,” she added.
So far . . . Stelter has declined to comment.
Well, I have a comment: It was a mutual trainwreck, but Stelter should apologize for his comment. Sexist? Probably not. But unnecessary? Yup.Follow @CommentaryCNN